Taiwanese network and communications equipment manufacturer Caswell has thrown its hat into the micro-server ring – but instead of starting out with a box based on x64 processors from Intel or AMD, the box maker is adopting a variant of the MIPS RISC processor. At this week's Computex trade show in Taipei, Caswell and chip …
that is underwhelming...
I was sure the other multi-core MIPS companies are doing much more interesting things.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones