The creator of casual gaming phenomenon Angry Birds, Rovio Mobile, has swooped on fellow Finnish animation studio Kombo, for an undisclosed mix of cash and stock. The acquisition follows the successful closure of a round of US$42 million funding in March, which Rovio claimed would be put towards broadcast media opportunities. …
>This acquisition is an important step in the execution of our media strategy.<
Is what's wrong with the world today. IMHO.
I've always seen Rovio as something of a one-trick pony. Once the craze of flinging birds at pigs dies down (and face it, it will) what exactly do they have?
Angry Birds The Movie? Sounds like they run the risk of flogging a dead horse to me.
I think their efforts may be better spent coming up with *another* insanely addictive game.
You mean "Rio"?
That horse can't be flogged as it's already left the barn.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Three offers free US roaming, confirms stealth 4G rollout