The creator of casual gaming phenomenon Angry Birds, Rovio Mobile, has swooped on fellow Finnish animation studio Kombo, for an undisclosed mix of cash and stock. The acquisition follows the successful closure of a round of US$42 million funding in March, which Rovio claimed would be put towards broadcast media opportunities. …
>This acquisition is an important step in the execution of our media strategy.<
Is what's wrong with the world today. IMHO.
I've always seen Rovio as something of a one-trick pony. Once the craze of flinging birds at pigs dies down (and face it, it will) what exactly do they have?
Angry Birds The Movie? Sounds like they run the risk of flogging a dead horse to me.
I think their efforts may be better spent coming up with *another* insanely addictive game.
You mean "Rio"?
That horse can't be flogged as it's already left the barn.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...