The creator of casual gaming phenomenon Angry Birds, Rovio Mobile, has swooped on fellow Finnish animation studio Kombo, for an undisclosed mix of cash and stock. The acquisition follows the successful closure of a round of US$42 million funding in March, which Rovio claimed would be put towards broadcast media opportunities. …
>This acquisition is an important step in the execution of our media strategy.<
Is what's wrong with the world today. IMHO.
I've always seen Rovio as something of a one-trick pony. Once the craze of flinging birds at pigs dies down (and face it, it will) what exactly do they have?
Angry Birds The Movie? Sounds like they run the risk of flogging a dead horse to me.
I think their efforts may be better spent coming up with *another* insanely addictive game.
You mean "Rio"?
That horse can't be flogged as it's already left the barn.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests