Twitter is trying to unlock its advertising conundrum with the buyout of an internet ad company for an undisclosed sum. "When Twitter approached us and asked if we’d be interested in working on their monetisation platform, we realised that this was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that we just couldn’t pass up," said AdGrok in a …
Rather apt posting that today I thought...
Courtesy of ThinkGeek, "Today in Geek History: Heinlein coins "grok" when Stranger in a Strange Land is published in 1961. If you don't grok "grok," ask a Martian."
So that's how they'll make money....
We all know Twitter has 0 revenue stream, and that monetizing the service itself would destroy the eco system.
So instead they are buying all the companies who profit from Twitter and as platform and use those profits to pump back into it.
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars