back to article Twitter slaps 'follow' button on third-party sites

Twitter has rolled out a "follow" button for third-party websites. With the button, users can instantly arrange to follow particular Twitter accounts without actually visiting the micro-blogging service. According to a Twitter blog post, more than 50 third-party sites are already offering the button, including AOL.com, the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

This post has been deleted by its author

Anonymous Coward

Actually..

I think this was long overdue. Who wants to search twitter for people you want to follow when you can simply click 'follow' from their website?

Gold badge
FAIL

Oh great.

Another bloody piece of crufty shite plastered on websites that will enhance the already often interminable wait on many pages for ArseBook and Tw@tter to serve their bullshit.

I wouldn't actually mind the things (everyone has to earn a crust) if those responsible would provide infrastructure that was physically capable of serving the requests for 'em. Unfortunately, as they are cheapskate fucktards.........

Silver badge

Tracking

The javascript sets a cookie and Twitter sells the user data as so gathered. Technically now illegal in the whole of the EU but not that that is likely to bother the advertising industry.

Fantastic

So Twitter has realised that getting every other website on the Internet to link to theirs is a good thing eh? I love the way this stuff is portrayed as something for my personal benefit. Twitter must really love me eh?

Bronze badge
Gimp

Phew, trauma averted

I was a getting very anxious about how I was going to deal with leaving Justin Bieber's site to follow him on Twitter, now I don't have to! Phew!

Trollface

excellent news

a formal 'iStalker' app :o)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums