This review needs to be run through a translation service
1. "The alternative option. Sleek, light, cool but Biblically expensive and not that well spec’d." Translation: "It is cheaper than an ugly Dell Brick with a similar spec, but today we are in an Apple bashing mood".
2. "Other feathers in the N53's cap include an impressively bright LCD panel with very robust viewing angles" - translation: "The whole train will be able to read your documents".
3. "Built like a brick privy, Dell’s Latitude will take the knocks from the exec lifestyle" - translation: "This will be the fav choice of desktop replacement for Joe Average Grunt. Exec - some other time. too agrarian for that".
4. "Oddly, the ThinkPad has a DisplayPort socket but not an HDMI port". Translation: "I am a consumer, get me out of here". In a business environment, people still use DVI and shall continue to use DVI ya know. DisplayPort to DVI (and HDMI) dongles are nowdays commonplace (thanks Apple). "The business laptop personified, with the best keyboard you'll find on any notebook" - exactly. It is Business, spelled with Big B. That is why it has DisplayPort.
5. "Being a Sony, the Vaio C is full to the gunwales with bloatware: Vaio Gate, Vaio Assist, Vaio Media, Vaio Trouser Press". Finally, this sounds like a register review. About bloody frakking time.
Overall, I would have expected better from el reg as well as some more proper marks in the 60-70 range. Can we feed this reviewer to the vultures? Please? Pretty please?