Feeds

back to article Activision calls for duty with premium subscription

Activision has spilled the beans on its premium Call of Duty subscription today, a service that seeks to enrich multiplayer experience and unite the CoD community. Oh.. and make a shed-load more cash for the games giant, which is rubbing hands at the prospect of breaking sales records again when the next instalment in the game's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Thumb Down

Non disclosure agreement

Anyone else notice this was all under an NDA except for the Wall Street Journal, surely proof, if it was actually needed that this is all about milking the players for as much cash as possible and so keep the investors happy and not as much about the players as it should be. Activision have obviously views the millions who play online and have been looking to.....monetise (should that be a z or s in there?) these millions.

I've not played COD since MW2 and I'm not in a rush to go after this one, especially if the campaign comes in under 6 hours again.

FAIL

I dont get it.

Isnt it just like the free stats sites like you get with Bungie,EA and Rockstar Games ?

The oysters are required, and must contain Guinness.

How about charging for dedicated servers and getting rid of the atrocious lag. I will not purchase anymore of these if the lag is as bad as Black Ops.

Imagine..

A company trying to make money for themselves and their investors, shocking, how dare they?

When will people wise up and realise that companies exist exactly for that reason, its not about the "players" and all the false loyalty that people give to the likes of Sony, Apple, Microsoft etc is completely unfounded and certainly is NEVER returned. They are out to make as much money as possible the same as any other company.

It certainly doesn't appear to be much different to what Bungie offer for Halo for free.

Anonymous Coward

GameMe/HLStatsX?

Like GameMe/HLStatsX do for source games already?

I do get it

And it doesn't sound bad actually. Not so great I'd pay for it, but some probably will. As long as the online gameplay itself remains subscription free I don't see a problem with this at all. I'd been half expecting Activision to try and charge for playing.

@Eric - sure, the one thing I MIGHT be intersted in paying a modest subscription for would be dedicated servers.

Bronze badge
Facepalm

I'd be embarrassed...

Hey, guys! Look at how awesome my stats are!

......you paid to be shown how much you play a computer game?

This topic is closed for new posts.