What should HDD vendors do, given that disk drive market growth is slowing because customers are buying tablets instead of notebooks and netbooks with disk drives inside? Tablets and flash are pummelling the hard disk drive industry and, so far, it has no response, except to enter the flash market too. What else can it do? Its …
I don't believe just adding a read write head will help HD makers
Hard Drives are old school..
They consume energy hands and fist over SSD.
They are larger
Failure rates go higher as capacity increases (at least in my experience)
And are slower... much much slower.
HD makers have 1 card to play now and only 1... they cost less. But as we've seen before.. those new technology cost do come down eventually.
Oh wait.. lets just pull a Seagate
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great