When the leeches at NatWest recently decided to increase my home insurance premiums yet again, I decided it was time to take my business elsewhere. It was Bento that helped me to carry out an inventory of my home and belongings for my new insurance policy. FileMaker Bento Bento isn't your average database The Bento app is a …
Is it really that great if the app itself requires a Mac to be able to sync data?
Surely a cloud based database app, or one that could sync with Mac or Windows or other software would be much better.
Or do you have to have a Mac now if you want an iPad / iPhone?
Times have changed
Not very long ago loads of stuff was "Windows only". Syncing with Mac only is fine with me!
"I used the wide-screen iPad version, although there’s also a separate release designed for the iPhone"
That's strange considering the iphone is widescreen and the ipad isn't
Limited by the main app
Unfortunately the bit of Bento that's "cut down" from Filemaker is arguably the most important bit of a database - it won't do relational tables.
There are some limited workarounds but in practice for anyone who needs a database for a real reason, rather than just to satisfy some obsessive-compulsive fetish for catalogueing their belongings, it's next to useless.
I'm surprised that they can get away with calling it a database app...
What am I saying? These guys market polished turds as toothpicks every day...
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- Bose decides today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent spat