When the leeches at NatWest recently decided to increase my home insurance premiums yet again, I decided it was time to take my business elsewhere. It was Bento that helped me to carry out an inventory of my home and belongings for my new insurance policy. FileMaker Bento Bento isn't your average database The Bento app is a …
Is it really that great if the app itself requires a Mac to be able to sync data?
Surely a cloud based database app, or one that could sync with Mac or Windows or other software would be much better.
Or do you have to have a Mac now if you want an iPad / iPhone?
Times have changed
Not very long ago loads of stuff was "Windows only". Syncing with Mac only is fine with me!
"I used the wide-screen iPad version, although there’s also a separate release designed for the iPhone"
That's strange considering the iphone is widescreen and the ipad isn't
Limited by the main app
Unfortunately the bit of Bento that's "cut down" from Filemaker is arguably the most important bit of a database - it won't do relational tables.
There are some limited workarounds but in practice for anyone who needs a database for a real reason, rather than just to satisfy some obsessive-compulsive fetish for catalogueing their belongings, it's next to useless.
I'm surprised that they can get away with calling it a database app...
What am I saying? These guys market polished turds as toothpicks every day...
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- Page File Love XKCD? Love science? You'll love a book about science from Randall Munroe
- Facebook to let stalkers unearth buried posts with mobe search