When the leeches at NatWest recently decided to increase my home insurance premiums yet again, I decided it was time to take my business elsewhere. It was Bento that helped me to carry out an inventory of my home and belongings for my new insurance policy. FileMaker Bento Bento isn't your average database The Bento app is a …
Is it really that great if the app itself requires a Mac to be able to sync data?
Surely a cloud based database app, or one that could sync with Mac or Windows or other software would be much better.
Or do you have to have a Mac now if you want an iPad / iPhone?
Times have changed
Not very long ago loads of stuff was "Windows only". Syncing with Mac only is fine with me!
"I used the wide-screen iPad version, although there’s also a separate release designed for the iPhone"
That's strange considering the iphone is widescreen and the ipad isn't
Limited by the main app
Unfortunately the bit of Bento that's "cut down" from Filemaker is arguably the most important bit of a database - it won't do relational tables.
There are some limited workarounds but in practice for anyone who needs a database for a real reason, rather than just to satisfy some obsessive-compulsive fetish for catalogueing their belongings, it's next to useless.
I'm surprised that they can get away with calling it a database app...
What am I saying? These guys market polished turds as toothpicks every day...
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too thick to handle email
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook