Australian gamers are poised to get access to hard core R18+ games like Mortal Kombat Reboot following the release of long anticipated draft guidelines from the government supporting the introduction of a new classification for computer games. Until now the Australian gaming industry and its users have been caught in a …
Expect R18 to be what MA15 is now.. and MA15 to be pussed right down.
best and cheapest advice...
Advise parents to have some common sense. Costs a lot less and won't cause an uproar....
but...we already have access
Let's be really clear about this: anyone who wants to play such games already can, via piracy or international shipping.
So we're not talking about finally, graciously, 'allowing' Aus gamers to play 18+ games. We're talking about allowing the government to tax them and Aus retailers to make a profit selling them.
Still need that wowser icon...
Too little too late
Oz gamers are already used to bypassing stupid laws laws by ordering (more cheaply too) from overseas, faking country-of-origin on digital delivery stores and just plain old piracy. The government's foot-dragging over the years has helped drive the decline of local games retailers.
- Review Ubuntu 14.04 LTS: Great changes, but sssh don't mention the...
- Vid CEO Tim Cook sweeps Apple's inconvenient truths under a solar panel
- HTC mulls swoop for Nokia's MASSIVE Chennai plant
- Asteroids as powerful as NUCLEAR BOMBS hit Earth TWICE a YEAR
- Got Windows 8.1 Update yet? Get ready for YET ANOTHER ONE – rumor