Microblogging service Twitter has reportedly purchased Tweetdeck, a client platform popular among Tweeters, for $40m. The deal has not yet been confirmed by the companies, but CNN – without naming its sources – reports that papers were signed yesterday. Speculation regarding a deal had been rife for weeks. The reported price of …
Better focus on the iOS and Android versions
... Because any software relying on (soon-to-be Microsoft) Adobe Air is not a good long-term investment.
They appeared to have stopped working on the AIR desktop version, and forking from the android version (wrt. functionality - I have no idea about the code behind it) - hence chrome deck, then the next version will be just browser based I believe.
Twitter buying tweetdeck makes sense, as it's a much better offering than anything they've done.
Whoever has it now, please sort out the ipad version and make it sync with the desktop and phone apps!
- Acorn founder: SIXTH WAVE of tech will wash away Apple, Intel
- Analysis BlackBerry Messenger unleashed: Look out Twitter and Facebook
- Comment Mobile tech destroys the case for the HS2 £multi-beellion train set
- Nine-year-old Opportunity Mars rover sets NASA distance record
- Things that cost the same as coffee with Tim Cook - and are WAY more fun