Microblogging service Twitter has reportedly purchased Tweetdeck, a client platform popular among Tweeters, for $40m. The deal has not yet been confirmed by the companies, but CNN – without naming its sources – reports that papers were signed yesterday. Speculation regarding a deal had been rife for weeks. The reported price of …
Better focus on the iOS and Android versions
... Because any software relying on (soon-to-be Microsoft) Adobe Air is not a good long-term investment.
They appeared to have stopped working on the AIR desktop version, and forking from the android version (wrt. functionality - I have no idea about the code behind it) - hence chrome deck, then the next version will be just browser based I believe.
Twitter buying tweetdeck makes sense, as it's a much better offering than anything they've done.
Whoever has it now, please sort out the ipad version and make it sync with the desktop and phone apps!
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait