Supercomputer maker Cray has finally jumped on the GPU coprocessor bandwagon, and it looks like someone is going to have to hitch Belgian draft horses to that wagon and reinforce its axles once the XK6 hybrid super starts shipping in the fall. Cray made a name for itself as a provider of vector processors back in the 1970s and …
Well, it certainly looks pretty frikkin' cool inside and out
and from my standpoint, that's important
Will it run Crysis?
Re: Yeah but...
Yes, but only Crysis 2.
But how do you program these things?
Message-passing between Vectorprocessors? What kind of problems fit that?
Plus Ca Change
Well according to
one way is just as god intended - Fortran, message passing and OpenMP,
How to program
MPI and your favorite MPI language binding perhaps?
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Experimental hypersonic SUPERMISSILE destroyed 4 SECONDS after US launched it
- That 8TB Seagate MONSTER? It's HERE... (You'll have to squint, 'cos there are no specs)