IBM has taken out the corporate checkbook and instead of using $100m to buy back a chunk of its shares back from Wall Street has decided to allocate the funds to new research and development efforts to help customers chew through big data. The $100m, an IBM spokeswoman confirmed to El Reg, is incremental funds, not just boasting …
i don't care what the article is about but ICANNHAZBIGBLUPNYNOWPLZ?
(this post bought to you by the the first coffee hit of the morning)
- Asteroid's SHOCK DINO MURDER SPREE just bad luck - boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great