back to article Hack on Sony-owned ISP steals $1,220 in virtual cash

Sony's So-Net Entertainment subsidiary was hacked by intruders who made off with about $1,200 worth of virtual points, The Wall Street Journal reported on Friday. The hacker stole the points from about 128 accounts and was able to read email from about 90 accounts, the Associated Press said. The Japan-based mobile Internet …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Virtual cash, bah...

I'm selling my own virtual cash called the NnG (not to be confused with the Ningy which as everyone knows is real money) for £1000 each. NnGs can be redeemed for goods and services from yours truly.

So, if someone hacks my computer and "steals" 1000 NnGs can I claim a million pounds on my insurance?

No. I thought not.

2. Big Al
    WTF?

W T F ?

There were ten thousand attempts to break into the system, and nobody noticed until a customer complained?!

1. Ralthor
      Joke

The title is required, and must contain letters and/or digits.

They were obviously camouflaged by a chicken.

3. T.Keaton
    Grenade

Jumping on the Bandwagon

Of course this is related to the April compromise! It's called 'jumping on the bandwagon'.

Now that the world knows that the security at Sony is appalling, everything becomes a target.

4. Tom 35
    Badgers

cut off the IP address behind about 10,000 attempts to break into the system

So that's sorted then, no way anyone can find another IP address to attack from.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Yikes!

This virtual robber is virtually rich!

Dictionaries need to keep up the pace: is that pickemailing?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like