Feeds

back to article Nintendo Wii price plummets below £100

The price of the Nintendo Wii plunged today, with some retailers pushing the price of a bundle under the £100 mark. With Nintendo's next console sure to hit shelves in 2012, the price-cut was inevitable. It was reported earlier this month that from 20 May, new bundles would be available and £50 would be slashed from the current …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

hmmmm

That might be enough to tempt me

Thumb Up

At under a hundred quid

it's definitely worth it. It's now less than a tank of petrol!

The games are good fun, the controllers can be bluetoothed to your PC (with a bit of faffing about, anyway), and- again- it's relatively cheap. Plus it's got a web browser and WiFi so if you don't want to fire up your PC to, say, check your email you can do it right on your TV.

If you have a HDTV

don't, just don't - it looks awful. The reason I bought a PS3 (yes, yes, I know) was to actually make use of the HDTV I had, the wii looked like I was trying to use a Spectrum 48K on a cinema screen.

Hopefully the next one will be nicely HD (I think I saw it in the spec somewhere) and backwards compatible. Here's hoping...

MJI
Silver badge

I thought everyone who wanted one had one?

As title

FAIL

Every one of them

gathering dust. Wii was a throwaway gimmick purchase that gets wheeled out at Xmas and then sits gathering dust for the rest of the year. It's supporting software sucked REALLY badly outside 1st party titles.

I wouldn't waste £49 on one, let alone £99.

It's time the media woke up to this.

G4Z

blehhhhhh

I just sold my wii for £80 a couple of months back and I am glad I did!

Frankly the kinect that my mrs got me for Christmas makes it look positively stone age. I really can't see myself going for a wii 2 either unless they can make something much out performs kinect.

Anonymous Coward

Just about low enough...

... to persuade me to replace the PS1 I currently have in the caravan for the kids.

Bronze badge
Stop

@ Shaun 1

You can have mine for £95. It's not been switched on for 6 months.

Bronze badge
Linux

Most games play better on a PC

Yes, using dolphin the Wii emulator you can play games in 1080 even faster than the wii.

Can't see Kinect lasting 5 years...

Both gimmicks, but at least the Wii had some impressive games that utilised the control method.

Waving your arms around will get boring (and tiring) very quickly.

This topic is closed for new posts.