The British Library exhibition of the history of science fiction opens today. The exhibition takes the long view of the genre starting with Lucian of Samosata's A True Story, a satirical trip to outer space powered by a giant water jet. The exhibition is divided into Alien Worlds; Future Worlds; Parallel Worlds; Virtual Worlds …
I suppose the end of the world talk
is tomorrow starting at 6pm
I know that mob..
so don't pay to go into events - go straight to the nearest pub afterward and buy them a drink - a pint or a good single malt is always appreciated.
Iain M Banks and Stephen Baxter?
I would love to be there for those talks - pity I'm on the other side of the world.
I hope someone tells Iain M Banks that his story came told in the Reg not-yet-a-movie poll.
knows about the poll results
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor