Feeds

back to article Google's Egypt hero: Tech biz, keep out of Arab politics

The Google marketing manager who became a hero during the Egyptian revolution warned Western governments and companies to butt out of the region's politics at a privacy conference in London yesterday. Wael Ghonim also put the role of Facebook and other online tools into perspective, at Google's Big Tent privacy shindig. Ghonim …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Thumb Up

genius closing line

well done sir. What a great finisher.

Ouch.

f

Western Politicians

......Being Western Politicians I think that there is about as much chance of a snowball suviving a close encounter with the Sun as there is of keeping out of this area and as far as W.Corps ?????

Unhappy

I will leave politics alone...

...when politicians leave me alone. How many taxes do I have to pay in a day? Pah...

A taxation rant? Say it ain't so!

It's reasonably obvious that he was referring to Egyptian politics. When was the last time you paid tax to the Egyptian government? Yes, I thought so.

(Yes, yes, I know, money is transferred between governments. But the idea that an individual has the right to poke into Egyptian politics because they pay taxes in another country is insane)

Careful with "insane."

"The idea that an individual has the right to poke into Egyptian politics because they pay taxes in another country is insane" may be accurate, but >40% of Americans will get fantastically angry if you point that out.

This topic is closed for new posts.