The Open Source Initiative (OSI), defender of the open-source faith, will soon expand its reach, embracing representatives from other open-source groups and the world of business. The OSI is planning an affiliate scheme, and this will include the Linux Foundation, among others. The affiliate scheme will be finalized and start …
Only one problem ...
The suits will see "OSI" as their not-quite-remembered "OSI model" (and X.25) networking classes from twenty five years ago, which enforces the same decades-old memories of the "cloud", as it was taught back then ...
Translating ancient memories of OSI to modern TCP/IP is contraindicated.
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- Bose says today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent battle
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Review Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid: The plug-in for plutocrats