The Open Source Initiative (OSI), defender of the open-source faith, will soon expand its reach, embracing representatives from other open-source groups and the world of business. The OSI is planning an affiliate scheme, and this will include the Linux Foundation, among others. The affiliate scheme will be finalized and start …
Only one problem ...
The suits will see "OSI" as their not-quite-remembered "OSI model" (and X.25) networking classes from twenty five years ago, which enforces the same decades-old memories of the "cloud", as it was taught back then ...
Translating ancient memories of OSI to modern TCP/IP is contraindicated.
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Did Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets using glowing KILL RAY