The Open Source Initiative (OSI), defender of the open-source faith, will soon expand its reach, embracing representatives from other open-source groups and the world of business. The OSI is planning an affiliate scheme, and this will include the Linux Foundation, among others. The affiliate scheme will be finalized and start …
Only one problem ...
The suits will see "OSI" as their not-quite-remembered "OSI model" (and X.25) networking classes from twenty five years ago, which enforces the same decades-old memories of the "cloud", as it was taught back then ...
Translating ancient memories of OSI to modern TCP/IP is contraindicated.
- Vid Hubble 'scope scans 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft