The Open Source Initiative (OSI), defender of the open-source faith, will soon expand its reach, embracing representatives from other open-source groups and the world of business. The OSI is planning an affiliate scheme, and this will include the Linux Foundation, among others. The affiliate scheme will be finalized and start …
Only one problem ...
The suits will see "OSI" as their not-quite-remembered "OSI model" (and X.25) networking classes from twenty five years ago, which enforces the same decades-old memories of the "cloud", as it was taught back then ...
Translating ancient memories of OSI to modern TCP/IP is contraindicated.
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR