New MacBook Airs based on Intel's Sandy Bridge platform - second-generation Core i CPUs, essentially - will be out in June or July. So say Asian component manufacturer moles cited by DigiTimes. The sources echo an identical claim made back in February. This time round, the source stressed the new machines' support for …
Optical links were what we wanted
for out-of-the-way home disk systems, networking and long video links to the tv.
This electrical stuff is no good, multiple disks are too noisy to have 3m away and 3m is a short network cable.
Plus optical links could have magsafe connectors.... :)
I remember USB
epic fail when Apple introduced it without any support for standard hardware like serial mice, PS/2 keyboards, parallel printers and so on. Did it ever catch up?
They even left out a floppydisk drive!
Written on a HP Vectra 286, copied to a 5,25" Floppy and mailed to my Internetprovider.
Please come to my emporium...
I'll sell you USB3 <-> Thunderbolt converters, doublecheap.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- First Crack Bloke buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM