GigaOM – the San Francisco-based megablog that so closely chronicled the rise of what the world now calls cloud computing – has released its list of the industry's top 50 "cloud innovators". The list is meant to promote GigaOM's annual Structure conference, which will once again bring together some of the biggest names in sky- …
The list is as vague and poorly explained as 'the cloud'
In that sense I suppose it's apt.
So... Somebody like MessageLabs* (now part of Symantec) selling "cloud" security services for 11 years with millions of end users gets no mention but some little Silicon Valley Startups do?
Other large hosted email and web security providers are available (Postini, FrountBridge, MX logic) but their owners do seem to be represented here.
What is cloud? "An amorphous blob of dampness likely to dump on you at any time"
Give it a feckin' rest already.
"Hello, marketing? Can you turn your volume up?"
"Thanks, can you get every around you to be quiet please?"
"A WEBSITE IS NOT THE CLOUD YOU BLOODY NIMRODS!"
"Who's this? This in Engineering."
Is a megablog?
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- JINGS! Microsoft Bing called Scots indyref RIGHT!
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM