GigaOM – the San Francisco-based megablog that so closely chronicled the rise of what the world now calls cloud computing – has released its list of the industry's top 50 "cloud innovators". The list is meant to promote GigaOM's annual Structure conference, which will once again bring together some of the biggest names in sky- …
The list is as vague and poorly explained as 'the cloud'
In that sense I suppose it's apt.
So... Somebody like MessageLabs* (now part of Symantec) selling "cloud" security services for 11 years with millions of end users gets no mention but some little Silicon Valley Startups do?
Other large hosted email and web security providers are available (Postini, FrountBridge, MX logic) but their owners do seem to be represented here.
What is cloud? "An amorphous blob of dampness likely to dump on you at any time"
Give it a feckin' rest already.
"Hello, marketing? Can you turn your volume up?"
"Thanks, can you get every around you to be quiet please?"
"A WEBSITE IS NOT THE CLOUD YOU BLOODY NIMRODS!"
"Who's this? This in Engineering."
Is a megablog?
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Pic 7 AMAZING experiments set for Mars Rover 2020 – including oxygen generation
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low