Server virtualization juggernaut VMware has bought Shavlik Technologies, one of its partners in virtual machine management and a provider of patch management and network security tools. Financial terms of the acquisition were not disclosed. Shavlik was founded in 1993 in St Paul, Minnesota, by Mark Shavlik, a developer at …
Please Sir ...
One trawls a network for instances of a freebie hypervisor and trolls a comments page for humour-impaired gits.
The modern usage of "troll" derives from sea angling, where it means dragging a hook slowly through the water (unlike "trawling" which uses a net) . So Go trolls the network looking for bites from any hypervisors out there.
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- Bose decides today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent spat