Server virtualization juggernaut VMware has bought Shavlik Technologies, one of its partners in virtual machine management and a provider of patch management and network security tools. Financial terms of the acquisition were not disclosed. Shavlik was founded in 1993 in St Paul, Minnesota, by Mark Shavlik, a developer at …
Please Sir ...
One trawls a network for instances of a freebie hypervisor and trolls a comments page for humour-impaired gits.
The modern usage of "troll" derives from sea angling, where it means dragging a hook slowly through the water (unlike "trawling" which uses a net) . So Go trolls the network looking for bites from any hypervisors out there.
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs