Education technology provider RM saw revenue decline 15 per cent in the first six months of the company's fiscal year. Sales fell to £133m for the period ended 31 March, compared to £156.4m for the same H1 in 2010. It was also hit with a first-half pre-tax loss of £1.4m, after restructuring charges of £1.8m and a £1.2m charge …
..are they still here?
It always worries me
when a company reporting poor part-year results, offers to increase the dividend return to it's investors.
It strikes me as a callous offer to try to keep share prices up, mortgaging future profits to make the company look better now.
But then there is so much in the shareholder-value-is-paramount led business model that I disagree with.
Stop the world. I want to get off!
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests