Scientists perusing data from NASA's Galileo spacecraft have concluded that the spectacular volcanism displayed by Jupiter's moon Io is caused by a substantial subsurface magma ocean. A team from the University of California and the University of Michigan looked at "unexplained signatures [which] appeared in magnetic field data …
Io is pretty much Hell in all but name
Can you imagine the myths and legends that would have come about if earlier generations had known about it?
For the crazies out there - yes , no doubt this is proof that humanity once came from space and they stopped off at Io on the way , Satan was actually a settler who lect the ship before it arrived on earth and went to live on Io with his weird 3 headed space dog.
"Satan was actually a settler who lect the ship before it arrived on earth and went to live on Io with his weird 3 headed space dog."
You've met the wife's mother, then?
1200C ocean, covered with a low density crust with localised hot spots- School dinners rice pudding anyone?
Hope they do a good survey before setting down on that surface
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Yes, UK. Johnny Foreigner has better mobe services than you