An FCC commissioner who argued for and voted to approve Comcast's $6.5bn borging of NBC Universal is quitting her government position to become a lobbyist for the communications and media giant she helped to bring into existence. Meredith Attwell Baker – who was one of two Republicans serving on the five-member commission – will …
Can the corruption be any more apparent?
I sorry but when you are this blatant you have to go.
Not even trying to hide the corruption anymore.
I was having a discussion...
I was having a discussion just recently with an american friend of mine discussing different types of governments and their actions - Totalitarian governments pass laws to protect the Regime, Theocracies pass laws to protect the Church, Democracies pass laws to protect the People.
After much discussion we came to the conclusion that the US is no longer a Democracy! It is a Corpocracy - it passes laws to protect the Corporations.
Any nation that could possibly not see the actions of this FCC commisioner as highly corrupt and doesnt pass laws to make this sort of action illegal (or not enforce them if they already exist) cannot possibly be a Democracy...
And so another political appointee takes a bribe. Why would anyone be surprised by this?
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web video' cannon to SINK Netflix
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK