The growing prevalence of junk messages on Facebook is been used to bait a new scam doing the rounds on the social network. Prospective marks in receipt of the fraudulent messages are invited to "verify" their account in order to "prevent spam". Recipients who respond to the message by clicking on a link end up sharing it on …
I suppose this is the end of facebook as we know it.
...this is EXACTLY Facebook as I know it.
There are messages on Facebook that aren't junk?
Did I miss something?
What is this facebook thing everyone are going on about?
Facebook is probably behind the spam
After all, they are slimy bastards:
- Apple's spamtastic iBeacon retail alerts launch with Frisco FAIL
- Submerged Navy submarine successfully launches drone from missile tubes
- Pix Astroboffins spot HOT, YOUNG GIANT where she doesn't belong
- Cache in the Attic El Reg's contraptions confessional no.2: Tablet PC, CRT screen and more
- Developer unleashes bowel-shaking KILLER APP for Google Glass