back to article ICO offers new code of practice

The Information Commissioner's Office has written a code of practice that offers organisations practical advice on sharing data. The document (PDF) looks at both regular data transfers and one-off events. It covers when data can be shared and how it should be protected. This version includes more case studies from both the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. nichomach
    Thumb Down

So this is what they do...

...instead of enforcing the laws and codes of practice that they're meant to - sit around thinking up new ones to ignore.

1. Refugee from Windows
      Thumb Down

Code of what?

Just produce another set of guidelines to be ignored. Another "not fit for purpose" regulator I'm afraid.

2. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Its the DPA which is useless

Unfortunately it is the DPA which is usless as opposed to the ICO being constantly toothless. They can only do what powers have ben granted to them and in the case od the DPA it does not accurately reflect what the European Data Protection Directive states.

Check here for the Infraction Action the EU Commission will be taking agains the UK due to its bad implementation of the DPA. ( http://amberhawk.typepad.com/files/uk-deficiency-details_may-2011.pdf)

3. dephormation.org.uk
    FAIL

ICO.

A pointless bunch of corrupt, lazy, handwringing, parasites.

It would be more interesting to read a list of the circumstances in which organisations like BT or TalkTalk might ever face prosecution for abusing personal information.

I expect that would be a rather shorter document, and save me the hassle of reading so much worthless nonsense.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

'B' Ark wallahs all

In English: ICO releases self serving blast of unenforceable PR hot air that, by comparison, makes my midweek shopping list look like a document of national importance.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like