Chinese kit supplier Huawei is working hard to gain acceptance in the west, employing the best in the business to give it a western look that's more than skin-deep. Taking a walk around its Shenzen HQ this week, I could, almost, convince myself I was on just another tech campus in California. However, despite its best efforts, …
IF I were a cynic...
I'd be tempted to view your visit and report as part of the image relaunch exercise...
Thank god I'm no cynic and always assume implicit trust on what everyone tells me :)
So Huawei is the Chinese Cisco.
Customers may make of that what they will.
Heard so many similar comments. It is this perception (and maybe the reality also) that needs to be changed to bring trust in their products and the company.
Cutting the foot to fit the shoe?
No cynicism necessary, the article reflects very much my own perception of a company i believe to know rather well. Back in '97 those beds were still sleeping bags, and yes, their use was daytime-only even then. That said, it is Chinese tradition to bind - not cut - the foot if your'e still in the growing phase. After that, cutting may well be applied. To the nails, in case you wondered. And it is rather customary to water the shoe until it stretches ...
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star
- New Facebook phone app allows you to stalk your mates
- Battle of the Linux clouds! Linode DOUBLES RAM to take on Digital Ocean