Chinese kit supplier Huawei is working hard to gain acceptance in the west, employing the best in the business to give it a western look that's more than skin-deep. Taking a walk around its Shenzen HQ this week, I could, almost, convince myself I was on just another tech campus in California. However, despite its best efforts, …
IF I were a cynic...
I'd be tempted to view your visit and report as part of the image relaunch exercise...
Thank god I'm no cynic and always assume implicit trust on what everyone tells me :)
So Huawei is the Chinese Cisco.
Customers may make of that what they will.
Heard so many similar comments. It is this perception (and maybe the reality also) that needs to be changed to bring trust in their products and the company.
Cutting the foot to fit the shoe?
No cynicism necessary, the article reflects very much my own perception of a company i believe to know rather well. Back in '97 those beds were still sleeping bags, and yes, their use was daytime-only even then. That said, it is Chinese tradition to bind - not cut - the foot if your'e still in the growing phase. After that, cutting may well be applied. To the nails, in case you wondered. And it is rather customary to water the shoe until it stretches ...
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- I KNOW how to SAVE Microsoft. Give Windows 8 away for FREE – analyst
- Geek's Guide to Britain How the UK's national memory lives in a ROBOT in Kew