It's not often that you can experience that magic moment when the future opens up in front of you – but when it happens, chances are it will be in Silicon Valley. One of those moments came about five minutes into a demo by Layar.com at SVNewTech's monthly meeting in Palo Alto, California. Layar's "Augmented Reality Strategist" …
Eden of the East
This seems a lot like the social network in the anime series "Eden of the East" (which is rather good).
Just thought I'd point that out.
Beat me to it! ^_^
Awesome article Kiernan.
For anyone who was unable to watch the presentations in person you can find them here: http://sites.reelsurfer.com/svnewtech/
Also, cut clips of your favorite moments and share
Strikes me that this is yet another technology which is dead cool and no bloody use for joe public... lots of use for advertisers, of course, but no use for me.
I think that anything that reports my position - other than two cases: purely technical reasons such as a mobile phone, and a big red 'HELP - I'M DYING' button - has no place in my life.
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- iSPY: Apple Stores switch on iBeacon phone sniff spy system
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps