back to article Shhh! HP's cloud is called, er, Scalene

Hewlett-Packard's as-yet-unannounced cloud will likely be known as HP Scalene, according to a recent trademark filing and domain registration. Apparently, HP is naming its cloud after a triangle. Or a neck muscle. Or a small ridge on your first rib. But the company spokesperson declined to comment on the moniker. In March, at …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

'Scalene'

Sounds like something for de-scaling water pipes.

Happy

From the company who brought you Listerine, make way for new and improved...

wait, what?

Silver badge
Thumb Up

RE: 'Scalene'

Yeah, they probably fed half-a-dozen buzzwords into the marketting computer and it trumped out some Euro-acceptable word that is supposed to inspire all types of fuzzy, warm feelings in us customers. With any luck, it will mean something abusive in some esoteric rain-forest tribe language, they'll sue for millions, and it will be changed to something like "hp Cloud Services" (far too obvious and recognisable for marketting people to come up with).

Badgers

The completely irregular triangle...

...great choice. Nothing else says to me computing power, like an irregular triangle.

Headmaster

Heard in the (American) deep south:

"Scalene, you tramp, I'se heerd you been foolin' 'round with my cousin Buford!"

Paris Hilton

Excuse me but before I get to know you better...

Do you have Scalene.... ?

Paris because.. well ummm..

Etymology

From the online etymology dictionary:

Scalene : "having unequal sides," 1680s, from L.L. scalenus, from Gk. skalenos "uneven, unequal, rough," from ... skolios "crooked," from PIE *(s)kel- "crooked, curved, bent; perverted"

Silver badge

GoGo?

Isn't there a GoGo called Scalene? With apologies to those without children who think I mean a member of an all girl band from the 80's, whereas I actually mean a small piece of painted plastic, much beloved in playgrounds around the country.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums