back to article Sony Ericsson intros Xperia minis

Sony Ericsson has outed 2011's successors to 2010's Xperia X10 Mini and X10 Mini Pro. The new ones take the same names as their predecessors, minus the 'X10' and with a SE's newfound e.e. cummings-like disdain for capital letters. Sony Ericsson Mini Pro Both mini and mini pro - we will use capitals hereafter - are based on …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

Look nice, but...

I was looking at buying their predecessors but what put me off was the criticism on SE forums about the lateness of updates to Android on SE devices. Since then I've been a bit hesitant to buy one but I'm very tempted by the small size and qwerty keyboard :-)

Thumb Up

load your own

as previously reported, SE are releasing the boot loader key, so you can load your own updates :) Happy Days!

Stop

RIiight..

Like they said we could run linux on the PS3, innit?

Do you *trust* them after all this time?

Nice hardware, but...

... The update schedule for keeping things updated really sucks.

I doubt I'll carry on using SE when I come to change handsets, which is a shame as the X10 mini I have has a lot going for it.

Coffee/keyboard

nice phone but .....

too dam small! what progress on the release of the Full Fat, Xperia Pro???

...and the battery life?

That has to improve too - it was truly shocking. Apart from the lack of updates, you'd barely get through the day with moderate use from a full charge.

Welcome to the world

of modern smart phones, getting a full days use out of a phone is considered good ;) these days.

There are things you can do to improve the battery life, and 2.3 is supposed to have better power management, but agree 1 day from a charge isn't good :(

In parallel universe

Imagine instead of wasting Symbian UIQ, Sony took it over and added Android VM to satisfy "It doesn't have 5000000 apps" idiots especially in tech media. Just add qt to it and suggest symbian devs use qt.

I feel glad for people who has never used UIQ on a decent hardware since it is easy to ditch Symbian when you have only seen S60 Nokias.

A Symbian UIQ3 on such hardware would last for a week in full charge.

Thumb Up

Mini x10 pro

I have had one of these for the past few months and it's my favourite smart phone so far (had a nexus one as well as an iPhone 3g and 4)

It is the perfect size and is cheap enough not to worry about it scratching/breaking. The physical keyboard is a killer feature in such a small phone and the camera and sound-quality are well above average. It's a little slow sometimes and the battery life isn't great but I work in an office so don't really mind.

One niggle: the headphone/set socket is incompatible with apple style headsets.

Still, I'm pretty sure I'll be upgrading to the new one at the end of the year.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums