Nominet plans to bring a higher level of security to UK domain names within the next two weeks. The .uk registry manager said on Thursday that it has implemented the new DNSSEC protocol in the .co.uk zone. Companies could be able to cryptographically sign their internet addresses as early as May 18. "The signing of .co.uk was …
Of course it won't ever be "sexy." It'll be forever boring, tedious and absolutely essential.
Thats good however it won't stop phishers using www.bankname.co.uk.harmfuldomain.com or www.banknamewithaslightlydifferentaddress.co.uk
People still don't have a clue what the padlock means or what to look for to ensure its secure, they normally find security measures and announcements annoying so ignore it completly even though they are told its essentual (Much like AV on machines)
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Man buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS
- Analysis Why Oracle CEO Larry Ellison had to go ... Except he hasn't