US operators' initiative Isis won't be an NFC payment system as originally planned, just a wallet to hold payment cards and without a revenue stream to call its own. The scaled-back plan will see Isis verifying payment applications from Visa, Mastercard and anyone else rather than creating anything new. That removes the need for …
How my credit/debit card works
Visa : Insert into card reader with chip at the top
Mastercard: Insert into card reader with chip at the top
Bank debit card: Insert into card reader with chip at the top
Isis card: Ask retailer to fetch the radar dish out of the back room.
They can hardly bill correctly as it is
I certainly don't trust operators in payment space at all. Banks are bad enough, but they do tend to sort things much easier when it goes wrong. Every time I have had to complain to an operator re billing it has involved a great deal of time and effort and in some cases expense before they recognise their error and put it right. They are a pipe, and that's all I want from them.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor