The long-running patent lawsuit in which TiVo sued Dish Network and its former division, EchoStar, has been settled with the defendants agreeing to pay US$500 million to Tivo. The case was originally brought against the EchoStar subsidiary, which split from Dish Network in 2008. The dispute has been in the courts since 2004, …
I just read the patent. It makes me extremely sad to know that you can patent something so obvious. I mean how else would you do it.
How else indeed?
Well you could use a codec other than MPEG and you could use a software encoder/decoder instead of a hardware one. Those were tow off the top of my head...
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests