The long-running patent lawsuit in which TiVo sued Dish Network and its former division, EchoStar, has been settled with the defendants agreeing to pay US$500 million to Tivo. The case was originally brought against the EchoStar subsidiary, which split from Dish Network in 2008. The dispute has been in the courts since 2004, …
I just read the patent. It makes me extremely sad to know that you can patent something so obvious. I mean how else would you do it.
How else indeed?
Well you could use a codec other than MPEG and you could use a software encoder/decoder instead of a hardware one. Those were tow off the top of my head...
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- MEN WANTED to satisfy town full of yearning BRAZILIAN HOTNESS
- +Comment 'Stop dissing Google or quit': OK, I quit, says Code Club co-founder
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series