Private investment firm Matterhorn Capital is spending £250m to build two new data centres in the south-east of England. Matterhorn Capital Data Centres, part of Matterhorn Capital, is spending the money in Bury Green, Hertfordshire and Chesham, Buckinghamshire. The Chesham site has on-site power – which Matterhorn claims makes …
Planning permission in the greenbelt
Funny how you can easily get planning permission to build a whopping great office park, a data centre, or a Tesco's in supposed green-belt areas like Chesham. But if you try building one extra house you're told it would "devastate the local community and put unbearable pressure on local services".
Tory councils: looking out for the best interests of homeowners and big busines, never mind the rest.
I like the US usage of 'near London' but size is always relative. If this is the old GSK site, it's a better use than it used to have although access and network diversity could prove interesting.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests