Senator Stephen Conroy, Australia’s minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, has moved to placate an industry increasingly dissatisfied with his handling of the country’s National Broadband Network with cheaper carrier licenses. Under Australia’s telecommunications regulatory regime, carrier license fees …
What's so difficult about reporting revenue? Let me count the ways...
"Senator Stephen Conroy, Australia’s minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy" (aka BROCADE? try http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brocade) can't possibly just take the gross revenue as shown in existing reports, can he?
His dept has to come up with some crazy form which forces telcos to exert some mammoth effort to supply ONE figure which will then have some percentage applied to come up with another number which goes into the USO pool.
If we want to win the war against terror, all we have to do is send in the bureaucrats. For those of you in Blighty, you might salivate at the prospect of transporting all you civil servants (who are reputedly neither).
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor