Consumer electronics giant Panasonic is cutting 35,000 jobs in the next three years as it tries to reinvent itself and its corporate culture. Even after the cuts Panasonic will have 350,000 staff. The reorganisation will change management structure from five divisions based on platforms. Instead Panasonic will be run as three …
Uh Oh - better act now
and get one of their TVs now, rather than when quality goes downhill when redundancies start...
even less panasonic staff to upgrade the vieracast firmware on last years tvs. sigh.
Stay on track. Please.
One day it occured to me that a lot of my electronic things (air con., camera, phone, car stereo) are Panasonic, not thru concious choice but because each product is the best in its field (or close to it), feature packed, a trusted reliable brand and well priced. Panasonic are on top of their game. I do hope that changing to a more consumer oriented business model (like those followed by many American brands such as GE and RCA) is not going to lead to short term thinking and product degregation. It would be particularly ironic as I recall from my university business studies that Matsushita (Panasonic's former name) used a 99 year horizon for business planning. Maybe that has changed too?
+1 : fine kit
I have been kind of impressed with the apparent quality of the firmware; that something with FW pretty much "just works" is more of an exception than the norm, sadly.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Find email DIFFICULT? Print this article out and give it to someone 'techy'
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...