back to article Panasonic pledges big job cuts

Consumer electronics giant Panasonic is cutting 35,000 jobs in the next three years as it tries to reinvent itself and its corporate culture. Even after the cuts Panasonic will have 350,000 staff. The reorganisation will change management structure from five divisions based on platforms. Instead Panasonic will be run as three …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Thumb Down

Uh Oh - better act now

and get one of their TVs now, rather than when quality goes downhill when redundancies start...

FAIL

darn

even less panasonic staff to upgrade the vieracast firmware on last years tvs. sigh.

Coffee/keyboard

Stay on track. Please.

One day it occured to me that a lot of my electronic things (air con., camera, phone, car stereo) are Panasonic, not thru concious choice but because each product is the best in its field (or close to it), feature packed, a trusted reliable brand and well priced. Panasonic are on top of their game. I do hope that changing to a more consumer oriented business model (like those followed by many American brands such as GE and RCA) is not going to lead to short term thinking and product degregation. It would be particularly ironic as I recall from my university business studies that Matsushita (Panasonic's former name) used a 99 year horizon for business planning. Maybe that has changed too?

+1 : fine kit

I have been kind of impressed with the apparent quality of the firmware; that something with FW pretty much "just works" is more of an exception than the norm, sadly.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums