The Australian government’s long-awaited review of the media and communications regulatory framework is finally underway with the release of an issues framing paper and a call for submissions. The review is to look at Australia's regulation of the media and communications industries. Earlier this year, its terms of reference …
"The review is to look at Australia's regulation of the media and communications industries. Earlier this year, its terms of reference were attacked by Australian content industry representatives for not specifically mentioning Internet copyright enforcement (although a review of the Copyright Act is also under way)."
Somehow i think this should not be allowed unless there is equal representation of both sides
This review is all about censorship and ownership rules.
Part of the Oz government's never-ending crusade against what it (and its ultra fundamentalist Christian mates) consider smut.
It wants to bring the rules covering TV and film to the 'net and mobile device space and at the same time justify removing the last remnants controls over our media monopolies.
That is all this is about.http://www.theregister.co.uk/Design/graphics/icons/comment/thumb_down_32.png
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests