The Australian government’s long-awaited review of the media and communications regulatory framework is finally underway with the release of an issues framing paper and a call for submissions. The review is to look at Australia's regulation of the media and communications industries. Earlier this year, its terms of reference …
"The review is to look at Australia's regulation of the media and communications industries. Earlier this year, its terms of reference were attacked by Australian content industry representatives for not specifically mentioning Internet copyright enforcement (although a review of the Copyright Act is also under way)."
Somehow i think this should not be allowed unless there is equal representation of both sides
This review is all about censorship and ownership rules.
Part of the Oz government's never-ending crusade against what it (and its ultra fundamentalist Christian mates) consider smut.
It wants to bring the rules covering TV and film to the 'net and mobile device space and at the same time justify removing the last remnants controls over our media monopolies.
That is all this is about.http://www.theregister.co.uk/Design/graphics/icons/comment/thumb_down_32.png
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- NASA: Spacecraft crash site FOUND ON MOON RIM
- NATO declares WAR on Google Glass, mounts attack alongside MPAA