Publicly-owned RAM and SSD supplier SMART Modular is turning to private ownership via a $645m deal with Silver Lake. SMART was identified as the fifth largest supplier of SSD products by Gartner in 2009. It builds the XceedIOPS SSD using MLC or enterprise-grade MLC NAND coupled with Sandforce controllers. The product has a …
Dear SMART employees...
...get ready for layoffs and no investment in the company. Then after a period of sitting around doing nothing SLP will sell you off into uncertainty while they pocket an almighty sackfull of cash.
Or at least that's what happened to the company I worked for when SLP made an appearence.
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Did Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets using glowing KILL RAY
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap