CenturyLink, which only a few years back was a rural telephone service provider, is now one of the major players in cloud computing thanks to its $3.2bn acquisition of Savvis. The company, which was formerly known as CenturyTel, hails from Louisiana and has expanded its network through the $11.6bn acquisition of Embarq, the …
How can global fiber be less than national fiber? Last I checked, the nation was on the globe. Perhaps the verbiage should be changed to "The combined CenturyLink networks now span 207,000 miles of fiber nationally and 190,000 miles **abroad**."
Will the new CEO style mirror Savvis?
Does this mean the CEO of the combined company can drop a cool 1/4 million on lap dance like McCormick did?
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook