CenturyLink, which only a few years back was a rural telephone service provider, is now one of the major players in cloud computing thanks to its $3.2bn acquisition of Savvis. The company, which was formerly known as CenturyTel, hails from Louisiana and has expanded its network through the $11.6bn acquisition of Embarq, the …
How can global fiber be less than national fiber? Last I checked, the nation was on the globe. Perhaps the verbiage should be changed to "The combined CenturyLink networks now span 207,000 miles of fiber nationally and 190,000 miles **abroad**."
Will the new CEO style mirror Savvis?
Does this mean the CEO of the combined company can drop a cool 1/4 million on lap dance like McCormick did?
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Did Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets using glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked