Yahoo! has bought television 'check-in' startup IntoNow for an undisclosed sum. IntoNow, which was founded by one-time Google exec Adam Cahan, was developed to work with a mobile phone app that flags up TV programmes being aired by scanning the audio waves from television sets. Once the app indexes those programmes in a …
"....app that flags up TV programmes being aired by scanning the audio waves from television sets."
[FX: Sound of "undisclosed sum" being flushed down the crapper.]
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging