Veteran ERP vendor Lawson software is being swallowed by acquisitive VC house Golden Gate Capital, the firms announced this morning. Lawson will be lined up with Golden Gate's GGC Software affiliate and Infor, another software firm in its portfolio. "Infor and Lawson will create a rich, integrated enterprise application suite …
Infor snapped up Fourgen who's accounting packages ran on Informix back in the 90's and now it looks like its picking up Lawson which is a small fish in the current marketplace. Far behind Oracle (Oracle Financials, JDE, PeopleSoft, etc...) and SAP.
This may make sense if they want to provide ERP to the SMB market place....
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know