Veteran ERP vendor Lawson software is being swallowed by acquisitive VC house Golden Gate Capital, the firms announced this morning. Lawson will be lined up with Golden Gate's GGC Software affiliate and Infor, another software firm in its portfolio. "Infor and Lawson will create a rich, integrated enterprise application suite …
Infor snapped up Fourgen who's accounting packages ran on Informix back in the 90's and now it looks like its picking up Lawson which is a small fish in the current marketplace. Far behind Oracle (Oracle Financials, JDE, PeopleSoft, etc...) and SAP.
This may make sense if they want to provide ERP to the SMB market place....
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- First Crack Bloke buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM