Veteran ERP vendor Lawson software is being swallowed by acquisitive VC house Golden Gate Capital, the firms announced this morning. Lawson will be lined up with Golden Gate's GGC Software affiliate and Infor, another software firm in its portfolio. "Infor and Lawson will create a rich, integrated enterprise application suite …
Infor snapped up Fourgen who's accounting packages ran on Informix back in the 90's and now it looks like its picking up Lawson which is a small fish in the current marketplace. Far behind Oracle (Oracle Financials, JDE, PeopleSoft, etc...) and SAP.
This may make sense if they want to provide ERP to the SMB market place....
- Product round-up Too 4K-ing expensive? Five full HD laptops for work and play
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- iPhone sales set to PLUMMET: Bleak times ahead for Apple