Veteran ERP vendor Lawson software is being swallowed by acquisitive VC house Golden Gate Capital, the firms announced this morning. Lawson will be lined up with Golden Gate's GGC Software affiliate and Infor, another software firm in its portfolio. "Infor and Lawson will create a rich, integrated enterprise application suite …
Infor snapped up Fourgen who's accounting packages ran on Informix back in the 90's and now it looks like its picking up Lawson which is a small fish in the current marketplace. Far behind Oracle (Oracle Financials, JDE, PeopleSoft, etc...) and SAP.
This may make sense if they want to provide ERP to the SMB market place....
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great