The FBI has issued an alert warning that money obtained by phishing is being transferred to trade companies in China. The bureau says money obtained from compromised business computers is being wired to Chinese companies located near the Russian border. The transfers are initiated after criminals compromise computers (typically …
compromised business computers
> The FBI .. says money obtained from compromised business computers is being wired to Chinese companies located near the Russian border ..
Would these 'compromised business computers` be running Windows by any chance? What imdemnification does the OS vendor provide the endusers against being ripped off in this manner?
What do you reckon? The Chinese or the Ruskies?
Given the Russians prowess using the InterNet for fraudulent purposes and the proximity to the Russian border it seems more likely it is the Russians behind this.
The Russian border of China is a pretty desolate place and the comforts of BeiJing or ShangHai are likely more amenable to would be Chinese fraud artists.
Perhaps if a 'holding' period was established in such transactions of around one business day would allow for the bona fides of both parties to be verified.
- Oh noes, fanbois! iPhone 6 Plus shipments 'DELAYED' in the UK
- The sound of silence: One excited atom is so quiet that the human ear cannot detect it
- Bloat-free, unlocked Moto X to be dubbed 'Pure Edition', says report
- In a spin: Samsung accuses LG exec of washing machine SABOTAGE
- Feature Be your own Big Brother: Monitoring your manor, the easy way