She may not be full of gizmos like Bond's DB5, nor does she talk like Knight Rider's KITT, yet Chitty Chitty Bang Bang remains one of the most loveable motors in the history of cinema. Which is why collectors will be chuffed to know she's going under the hammer next month. If you wish to take Chitty on a trip to find the gloomy …
A flying car.
I'll want to give it a go toot sweet.
Almost a flying car...
It had the engine for it. The cars that inspired Fleming were built by Count Louis Zborowsky using Mercedes Aero engines..
No. 1 had a 23 litre Maybach 6 cyl and was chain driven!!...
Do you think Coggins might do a deal?
Mine's the one with a Toot Sweet in the pocket.
Functionality as advertised in the film
Or has the sequence been shortened.
Truely truely scrumpious
"You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution"
I can't look at that car without remembering the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang bedspread I had as a kid.
On the bed it made it look like the car from the film.
Ah, those summer days.... :D
It is a handsome thing.
Anyone know if the design is copyright? I reckon it's buildable at home.
Buildable at home?
At least one person made something close : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-446637/Truly-scrumptious--The-man-turned-Land-Rover-Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang.html
Might not fly, but probably off-road capable (if you take the 'wings' off)
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- Vid Find using email DIFFICULT? Get someone to install 'Inbox' for you
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...