China's new hotline for reporting of dodgy cartographers has remained silent, with not a single call since being switched on last week. New licence requirements came into effect at the end of March, making the provision of online maps illegal and even the gathering of cartographic information subject to fines and confiscation of …
Calling Captain Kirk.
Some red bureaucrat has time-warped in from the 50's. What do?
Measuring officialdom gone mad?
I suspect you meant Ordnance Survey, maps for explosive chuckers.
Somebody needs to get working on putting an actual SIm-city overlay on Bidu's maps. Running things on that scope in realtime could be good for shiggles...
Post Your Own Message
Looks like someone has forgotten to tell Open Street Map...
"In reporting the story the China Daily makes much of Britain's insistence that militarily-sensitive parts of the UK are blurred out from Google Street View".
Que? I can get right up to the front gate of my local USAF base (Lakenheath) on streetview. If that's not enough, I can see the rest of it with high-quality aerial photos. I can get all around the perimeter of GCHQ Cheltenham. And so on.
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!