In January, we asked if cloud storage start-up Cirtas would be a rainmaker. Now its very survival is in doubt as funding is withdrawn and 21 staff are dismissed. The news came from a senior engineer at Cirtas, Dave Graham, through his Twitter feed. "Well, the waiting is over. as of 3pm TODAY, i, along with 20 others are no …
I don't understand...
... the 'cloud' is the answer to everyone's problems. Amazon told me so. A dead-cert for any VC investment. How can this possibly fail?
A salutory lesson - there are big clouds and little clouds and some with a silver lining. Unforunately for these guys it was a thunder cloud. The lesson to those looking to the clouds must be to make sure they REALLY understand the risks and don't believe the hype.
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Episode 4 BOFH: Oh DO tell us what you think. *CLICK*