If you have nothing better to do next Thursday after stuffing yourself full of Easter lamb or ham on Sunday, you might want to wander over to Canonical, get a slice of "Natty Narwhal", and chew on a bit of Ubuntu Server 11.04. The Natty Narwhal release is based on the Linux 2.6.38 kernel, which came out in mid-March with lots of …
Beta is buggy buggy buggy
Tried the beta2 yesterday from canonical in live mode and it locked up the entire system, resulting in a need to resort to the reset switch, first time I've had that issue with any version of Ubuntu.
Also unity's layout makes no sense to me, whatsoever....everything useful like system settings, disk management is buried away somewhere.......If I wanted a mac, I would have bought one tbh
I like the configurability of linux, rather than the condescending constant hand holding of other platforms.
Re: Beta is buggy buggy buggy
WTF are you doing running unity on a server??
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web video' cannon to SINK Netflix
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK