Advanced Micro Devices is no longer a fabricator of chips, but it is still benefitting from spinning out its wafer-baking unit to GlobalFoundries. In the first quarter ending April 2, AMD's sales were up a modest 2 per cent, to $1.61bn, but all of its costs were on the rise, and its operating income fell by 70 per cent, to $54m …
Your not fabbing anymore?
You'll have a great quarter or two, but then you're screwed.
Yup, ****ed themselves long-term
IMHO, few corporations - particularly those HQ'ed in the US - give a tinker's dam* about any profits past a quarter or two in the future. Outfits in other countries are sadly following suite. *sigh*
[*NOTE - "tinker's dam" is indeed the correct term per various texts published by The Oxford Press, makers of The Big Dic. (The OED) As to the term "following suite" I was too lazy to look it up. XD]
As long as AMD keeps producing quality products I'll buy
Pigs will fly before I'd ever buy another Intel product after the crimes they have been convicted of. As long as AMD continues to deliver quality products they will get my money.
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops