Virgin Media saw total revenues were up 5.7 per cent in the company's first quarter ended 31 March 2011, despite a dip in the rate of increase of its customer base. It pulled in £982.3m in Q1, compared with £929.4m for the same period a year earlier. The company delivered operating income of £110.6m, up on 2010's £69.6m. …
Which would be nice ... if I could get it
If they want to get more customers more quickly, perhaps they should, oh I don't know .... INSTALL CABLE IN MY STREET!
Or at least have a way to find out *when* they're planning to install it.
Come do my street!
Want more customers, expand north to Stirling :-) Sick of BT's 'broadband' - its the new narrowband, and its not going to get any better anytime soon. Despite living in Stirling (which is apparentely a 'city'), and being closer to the Stirling exchange, the phone lines run the wrong way to the 'Bannockburn' exchange. While Stirling will get FTTC, Bannockburn will not. Barstuards.
Next time I move house i'll head 10 miles south to a Virgin-served area.
Rollout even faster speeds
They could up the speed to 1.5Tb a second, but you'd still only get about 2.5Mb at peak time!
Please cable my street in Atherton, Manchester - Ta.
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid strike was a stroke of bad luck, say boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it