Yahoo! is jacking up the amount of time it holds onto its log file data by a factor of six to 18 months. The move, on the face of it, sets the firm on a collision course with the EU which sees six months as a perfectly adequate period of time to hold data, other than comms data. The veteran dot com said the switcheroo was "to …
Yahoo!? Not making enough money on targeted advertising? revenue a little low?... try earning your money by offering better services instead of selling the likes and livelihood of your users to advertisers...
retention or S**T, can't delete stuff since we laid those guys off.
This also gives them an extra year to do nothing.
ah... sleep with dogs... etc..
- Breaking news: Google exec in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google chief Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL