Yahoo! is jacking up the amount of time it holds onto its log file data by a factor of six to 18 months. The move, on the face of it, sets the firm on a collision course with the EU which sees six months as a perfectly adequate period of time to hold data, other than comms data. The veteran dot com said the switcheroo was "to …
Yahoo!? Not making enough money on targeted advertising? revenue a little low?... try earning your money by offering better services instead of selling the likes and livelihood of your users to advertisers...
retention or S**T, can't delete stuff since we laid those guys off.
This also gives them an extra year to do nothing.
ah... sleep with dogs... etc..
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too thick to handle email
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?