Yahoo! is jacking up the amount of time it holds onto its log file data by a factor of six to 18 months. The move, on the face of it, sets the firm on a collision course with the EU which sees six months as a perfectly adequate period of time to hold data, other than comms data. The veteran dot com said the switcheroo was "to …
Yahoo!? Not making enough money on targeted advertising? revenue a little low?... try earning your money by offering better services instead of selling the likes and livelihood of your users to advertisers...
retention or S**T, can't delete stuff since we laid those guys off.
This also gives them an extra year to do nothing.
ah... sleep with dogs... etc..
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan