Who is the shadowy City of London Corporation? Actually it is not shadowy at all, it's the City's local government. In our latest Future of Productivity podcast Adam Hand tells Tim Phillips how the City of London Corporation helped TheCityUK, a non-profit organisation that promotes UK financial services, to migrate its …
"There is an institution with a murky history and remarkable powers that acts like a political and financial island within our island nation state. Welcome to the Square Mile and the City of London Corporation."
"Who is the shadowy City of London Corporation? Actually it is not shadowy at all, it's the City's local government."
Actually, there is quite a lot about the City of London Corporation that is quite shadowy, take a look at the funding of the organisation, and its strange powers, its own police force, hardly any electorate, it's opt out of many of the controls and checks that other councils have, take a look at it's property portfolio, the bridge fund and much much much more that all make it a very Shadowy organisation.
Unopen & Shut
I'm not sure which causes me the most disquiet; the client or the service provider.
I'm sure they had a total meeting of minds... Worrying, that.
- Comment Renewable energy 'simply WON'T WORK': Top Google engineers
- Useless 'computer engineer' Barbie FIRED in three-way fsck row
- Game Theory Dragon Age Inquisition: Our chief weapons are...
- 'How a censorious and moralistic blogger ruined my evening'
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10