back to article A short note about Microsoft App-V

The application development lifecycle is less responsive than it could be. IT departments spend too much time maintaining existing software and infrastructure, time that should really be spent delivering tools to make the business run better. It's like trying to run an F1 team out of a small garage: you never have the resources …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

No Services

The trouble with App-V is it's not suitable for software that needs to install a driver or launch services. We are using Application Jukebox from Endeavors and whilst it's not as well known, the ability to integrate the app, or parts of it, so it is fully visible to the OS and install and start services means we can virtualise and stream many more of our applications.

Bronze badge
Thumb Down

Bad shoes on the cobbler? Dogfood doesn't taste quite right?

Personally, as I try to use Outlook Web Light (2007?) on my phone and have to zoom way in to be able to hit those mini, mini, icons and lines, I can't help thinking how outdated their interface is.

I understand the logic of squeezing every pixel out for message space, on a 1024x768+ 15" screen, but small medium/hi-res screens on devices have other constraint and have been around for 3-4 years now. How hard is it to change the html template for those? Even, gasp, just the CSS?

Yes, the application development lifecycle is "less responsive that it could be". Even with a flagship product from MS.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums